Friday, August 1, 2008

Those Minutes Commercials

Are those hilarious cell-phone minutes commercials by AT&T? The one with the two sons and the mom and at the kitchen sink and the husband who reads the paper. There are two of these commercials and they're both hilarious.
Anyway, I had the weirdest dream that I was the donkey-looking kid from the commercials, and I was in love with this faceless girl (what else is new, in a dream?). So this fat bitch was after her, and she came over to the hut that we were in that had dirt floors (hey, why not right?) . I have no idea why this fattie wanted anything to do with my dream girl, but she did. My girl let me know behind the fat one's back that there was a trap door somewhere in this hut we were in, and if the girl stepped on it, she would be just heavy enough to break it and fall through. Or something? I don't know. I hate that dreams are so fuzzy and hard to remember. I remember that the fat one fell through the floor, but I also get this feeling that my lady ended up being the one in the trap, and once you were inside of it there was no way of getting out. So if I ever wanted to visit her down there, which of course I would have...because I was pining for her...I would have to make sure to bring a rescue rope with me.
Anyway, it ended up that I woke up with the feeling that it was a good dream, but it sounds pretty awful in writing. Maybe my satisfaction came from having experienced being a boy and loving on a lady for the first time in my life! Hey- there's a first time for everything.

And speaking of which-- for the first time ever I was on a cancelled flight! And it SUCKED hard core. The Continental people at St. Maarten's just don't have it together, andddd they were totally abusing their customers. Like this adorable young French couple got stranded at the airport after the bus that was supposed to take them to a hotel for the night left without them.
Traveling seriously sucks. I don't know how people do it. I mean, for goodness sake I'm 20 years old and after traveling I'm just wiped out forrrr my whole entire life practically.
Here is a list of things I would need to change about myself in order to be a good traveler:
-Anxiety (just doesn't go hand in hand with the free-and-easy travel scene...not at all ideal)
-Pickiness...I have a limited menu
-Sensitive stomach...probably a combo of anxiety and pickiness
-Overpacking. I never went over the weight maximum at the airports, but it's a really bad sign that I had to worry about it at all.

Anyway, that list was a lot less fun than I wanted it to be, so I apologize for it's shortness and at how uneventful it was.

No comments: