Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nerd

In the manner of a complete nerd, I was awakened from my hard earned sleep (seriously, it took like an hour to fall asleep) because I couldn't breathe due to allergies...
Seriously, what a loser. That was at 2:47 AM.
So I got up to blow my nose and woke up the kitten, and then used the toilet because hey, why not. And of course Orion feels it totally necessary to jump on my lap as I'm urinating, and then try napping there. Sweet cat (seriously).
Then I trekked downstairs to drug up on Benadryl and get knocked out cold, but it just didn't happen that way and after not being able to fall asleep once again, I still woke up less than 8 hours later.
How is this? Benadryl is supposed to make me sleep for a long time (at least 8 hours!!!!!). According to my faith in Benadryl, I should still be in bed for at least another hour.
Instead, I am "awake", but with a slight dizziness and fatigue since the Benadryl is still very much in my system.

In other ridiculous news- my mom got home from work last night and stormed into her room, out of the house, and into her room for the rest of the evening. After yelling at me for a little bit to make herself feel better.
She was angry at my sisters and I because we hadn't done the dishes. But fuck that, having a temper tantrum at age 48 just doesn't do much for me except to make me 50%amused/50% annoyed.
All over some dirty dishes. She even called my dad who then called me. Do my parents really not understand that I'm 20 years old, and intelligent enough to recognize their irrational behavior? Apparently not.

And they should, especially because it's their fault that I also have irrational tendencies.

Plus, the only reason I didn't do the dishes is because it isn't "my week."
Yes. In our household, we have a weekly chore list, like fucking 5 year olds. So I simply refused to do someone else's chores. If I am to be subjected to some ridiculous To-Do list, rather than be asked like an adult to get something done, then I am going to follow said list to the tee, and not do an ounce more than originally requested by that list.
Minor mistake on my part, but with good reason.


endpost

No comments: