Friday, August 29, 2008

6 MILES

FINALLY. I HAVE DONE IT. And I did it well too.
And by well I mean, I could have gone longer if I really felt like it (which I absolutely did not)
It was an extremely rainy run, which I normally like...but this time I was sort of drowning in my own inhalations and all that jazz. Still, I'm sure it helped (it usually does).
The biggest downer of the run was that I started getting hungry very close to the start and smelling french fries everywhere I turned ... (strange)...

Anyway. I did the 6 miles in a "speedy"not 1 hour, 10 minutes and 35 seconds.
I started at 18 minutes, 33 seconds and then did some variation on 5 minute breaks and 1o minute runs.
My second to last break I did take for possibly 11 minutes (sinful, I know) but all is well, because I finished strong and PROUD.

I'd lost my pride completely after the shin splints, feeling fat, unattractive, and unathletic.

But two weeks ago I couldn't do 6 miles. Or something, I'm not quite sure. Google maps told me it was 5.7 and my car told me 6miles, but it's somewhere in between those, and I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt for all of those cars I had to go around parked on the road, and the streets I have to cross...mostly jayjogging.


HUMANRACE (here I come!!!!)!!!!!


endpost

No comments: