Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fuck you, The Man!

I'M READY FOR SCHOOL. So ready.

I'm going to learn to cook (hopefully..) and overcome my fear of extreme heat from the oven. Whatever! I'm 20, female, and don't like cooking.

What of it, people?

It'll happen when it happens. All you COOKERS our there should be jealous of how easily I've coasted through 20 years of life, never making anything more complicated than chicken parmesan, which my mom took over for me anyway. Meaning I've also escaped many laborious hours over a hot stove which could potentially burn my skin.

People like to poke fun at this fact, but my absolute best friends at college, KC and Pallwaul (who will be mentioned numerous times in about two weeks) had to be taught by moi to cook pancakes.
Which, if you know me, is absolutely hilarious. I basically only knew how to cook pancakes by observation. Plus the fact that it's completely absurd that between three 20 year olds, not one of us had actually ever made them before.
Lame, but maybe our lack of cooking skills is a subconscious jab at The Man, who expects us to cook and be providers.
Fuck you, The Man!

No comments: