Monday, August 16, 2010


As far as family goes... this weekend was... really fucking good
My dad took the time to talk with me one on one about life and moving out and things I felt unhappy about. It was amazing to open up to a member of my family about how frustrating and miserable this household can be. He also gave me some pretty solid advice from his own experience of moving out, which lead me to decide that I need to have a full-time job with benefits before I can move out. I keep saying I want to get out the right way so I never have to come back and I think that might be the only way. EXCITING, scary, exhausting.

Also, my younger sister talked to me for almost two hours one night about whatever. It was really nice and only got cut off because I needed to sleep. She talked about movies she'd seen and silly experiences she'd had with friends and we planned things she could do for her upcoming birthday. We were talking like we were friends, that felt amazing coming from her.

And Heather helped me print my resumes in an emergency by calling her boyfriend and driving me to his house to use his printer.

And my mom bought me lemons because she noticed that I'd been using the lemon juice from the fridge and she knows that actual lemons in water are way better. She even gave me tips on how to get the most juice from them (microwave for 10-seconds, then roll). Weirdly, this small display of affection might mean the most to me- if you've ever met my mom you'd understand why I'm saying this.

So as far as family goes, things felt really nice and so much less stifling here this weekend. It feels good to know these people care about me, at least sometimes. For now.

ALSO, I have an interview with Claire's and OshKoshB'Gosh for store manager positions.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



endpost.

endpost.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've read some of your other blog posts relating to family and it sounded like living with them was pure hell. But all lows have their compliments of highs and I suppose your family is no exception... perhaps occasionally they really aren't that bad and can act more human that you'd think! Let's hope your recent trend continues forever... or atleast until you can finally move out!