Friday, February 6, 2009

A FEMALE HERO: FINALLY

Is it weird that I've finally found a real,true hero who I can connect with and who is a woman and she is my painting professor? I guess it makes sense.
SHOULD I TELL HER: Jennifer- You're my hero.

Seriously though. I think she is perfect. She is so accomplished and has amazing talent and she really, really knows her stuff. She's so aware of what is going on in the art world, and she knows like all of the chemistry of oil painting. And she's probably at most like 6 years older than me. I want to be organized and really good at painting and inspiring too! Right now, she is the only person who is keeping me sane in the knowledge that I am still pursuing my teaching certificate. She has the exact impact I want to have on my future students. A lot of people complain about her because of low grades and she "doesn't like them." But honestly, all that she is doing is giving the us honor of treating us as adults and true artists. She is giving us the benefit of taking us seriously in our work, but most people here would prefer to be coddled and learn nothing instead. I quickly learned from Mr. Jiorle (go figure?) that being coddled is like the worst way to go for an artist. It seriously is. We have to learn to push push push what we do and how we think and how we approach things. Jennifer is so good at making us push but does it in a way that she isn't just telling us what we should do and how we should do it. For my painting final last year the concept I came up with was out of this world and I couldn't have done it without her, but it was still my concept 100%, which is a good feeling.
I am learning so much already in my Intermediate Painting class. The level of competition is going to be amazing, and it has really made me excited about art again in a way I haven't been since probably high school.


:)


Adirondacks today! I will take pictures and post them to the photography blog.






endpost.

1 comment:

DramaPrincess32 said...

Wow sounds like an amazing woman. I want to be organized in anything in 6 years gosh.