Sunday, January 25, 2009

Living Stag

So, as recent events have unfolded...I now live in a very large bedroom completely by myself! I can't say I mind too much. It isn't awesome enough to be my Good of the day though.

Which happens to be watching Brian fence at NYU!!!! I have never seen fencing before, and it did not disappoint (Plus, it was free!). Despite the fact that a majority of the uniforms were unfortunately stinky. What I really like about fencing is that for the first time watching a sport, I didn't have a preference for watching the men or women. Go ladies! The whole thing was interesting enough that there really was no differentiating. Maybe if I knew what was going on a little bit more? Let's just hope that isn't the case..I don't want to ruin this for myself.

Tonight was the first Sunday back at school, which meant evening Mass at the York room. I have to say, that for a good part of the experience, I felt pretty uncomfortable being there. The Pro-Life March on Washington was this weekend and everyone at church was so hyped up about it. Which is fine, I guess? Except for that I am Pro-Choice. And no- I don't condone the killing innocent babies...so don't ask me if I do. Gee. Anyway, I just cannot stand the idea of the church trying to become involved with laws. I completely understand where those who are Pro-Life are coming from...believe me, I am as close to be Pro-Life without actually being it as is possible. Which is beside the point, because if that's what you choose to care about and judge other people on then you have more than one issue that I don't even wish to acknowledge. But the Church should just try to take a backseat, support what the government decides (it's hard! I know!) and be a little less "Churchy" about its opinions.
SERIOUSLY. Because being all in up in other peoples' faces is just not the way to go when you are truly trying to get a point across. When two people argue, the person who remains calm has the upper hand. And the Church is just so uncalm when it comes to certain issues.

OK-I'm not really sure where this is going and my body aches too much to follow through with my actual point or edit any of what I just wrote.

If you're offended by anything written, you can tell me about it, but I probably won't respond.
So!

Good of the day (just to reiterate) : Watching Brian fence the invitational @NYU!:D


endpost.

No comments: