Thursday, January 29, 2009

GLACIERS

The ice on campus yesterday was HORRENDOUS. It's amazing what some sunshine (and a lot of salt applied too late in the day) can do for the sidewalks. Seriously campus workers - get.on.that.shit.
One of my irrational fears came true because of it that ice!
I HATEHATE ICE! I'm afraid of falling and hitting my head and hurting myself. I'm even more afraid of watching someone else do the same thing (Careful Niki! Careful don't fall!).
After coming back from the gym (go me! Future hardbody!) I was walking with my friend Scott and FELL ON THE ICE. SIDEWAYS . I was walking on an area of sidewalk that sloped sideways, and it was so freaking slippery that I actually fell. Totally ridiculous. But the good news was that I didn't even hurt myself at all! It was a wondrous fall, if there ever was one. It didn't even hurt later so I know it must have been really good. Fast fall, faster recovery.
I also had to drive yesterday morning DURING all of the slush and ice and snow. Another of my fears (though quite less irrational) is driving during bad weather. Boy, what a brave brave soul I was yesterday...standing up to the natural forces like that.

Anyway, yesterday I also discovered that the maintenance people on campus are just so weird. Not to offend anybody, but sometimes not having an education REALLY shows in people's behavior. Like the maintenance guys. Very odd, really. I won't judge them though (did I already?) because they are very nice and probably just a little bit lonely and inclined to talk to college brainiacs...I would be. They also fix things that I have that are broken, so: thanks for that you guys.

Strangely enough, my Good of the day is having that amazing fall on the ice. How things change! I hope it doesn't happen again, but I'm glad it did. Weird. I'm thinking I didn't explain myself enough on that one...but this is my blog, and such is life.










endpost.

No comments: