Sunday, September 20, 2009

This month I've learned (or, am learning) that I can trust myself as a single woman.
Being in a relationship for so long has crippled me in numerous ways. I don't mean emotionally.

I know that I've fallen far behind my peers as far as experience and being "loose..." whatever that means. I won't go into details, but most people would be surprised about how little I know about ANYTHING.

I have not experienced what rejection is.
Basically, I don't know the ropes.
But I am learning. Quickly.

I've proven to myself that it wasn't just the relationship I was in that kept me from hooking up with any dude at a party. Not that I have anything against that behavior (seriously, right on). In that respect I'm just not fun, and that's fine by me.
I always had an expectation of myself while in my relationship that I wouldn't be that girl anyway. But when I finally became single, I wasn't sure if I could prove myself right.
Without really trying, I definitely have.

I've also successfully put myself in a situation that I am becoming increasingly comfortable and happy with. Taking things not slow, but actually nowhere. Until maybe things go somewhere, which they may never (good possibility of that). Except that it's fine and in the open either way and really good.


endpost.

1 comment:

Graceful world, I kindly ask said...

I totally respect the fact that you have found yourself to not be "that girl". I'm trying to figure out where I land on that spectrum, and I'm hoping it's closer to where you are than the other extreme. <3!!