Monday, September 21, 2009

Painting 1/3(4?)

The painting is the yellow color(s) of amniotic fluid. It is an exploration of my personal thoughts on bearing children, rearing children, & children in general. I am a woman born without that set of "instincts" to contribute to a population that is already brimming with life. The idea of turning the body into a carrier sits poorly with me. In this painting & others, the fetus will be depicted in "colds." This will be a commentary on my discomfort with motherhood & my view of the fetus as FETUS, something alien & parasitic for me. I will not approach it as a human, a child, or "the baby."

Visually, I'm going to keep this pretty minimalist. There will be a "grid" of thin red lines going through. For me they represent contractions...the entire painting being representative of a womb. The fetus is isolated and very small, to the far right of the painting. Driving home the point of the NONjoys of children (personal perspective). It will be as viewed landscape.

WHEEE!@!!!



endpost.

No comments: