Thursday, August 6, 2009

Strawberry v Chocolate v Regular Milk

Possibly at the ages of 7 or 9 I became lactose intolerant. In my botched and highly unreliable memory, it happened two days after I had heard of this "affliction."
My Aunt Elsa had claimed that if I stopped drinking milk for too long, my body would get used to it not being around and become sick when I did drink it.

Lo and behold!: The next day I coincidentally did not drink milk, and the next day I was LI. What a shame...


Anyway, since then I've had this extremely weird notion that if I flavored my milk with chocolate or strawberry syrup, it wouldn't upset my stomach. I had the same idea about vanilla versus chocolate ice cream (always opting for chocolate for the same ridiculous reason). Was my subconscious relating the color white with a bad time in the bathroom?
I honestly think so.

Our minds and the relationships they make with our bodies are just too out there for me to even comprehend. For me at least, it's just this huge hate-hate-love triangle where my mind is betraying me no matter what-- Either convincing me that my body can afford one more cookie because it looks good that day (lying mind)! Or telling me that no matter how hard I try not to, I will inevitably eat the cookie: even though I don't deserve it (undermining mind).
Or something else mean and vicious and along the same lines.

Whatever, ask me where this is all going because I have no clue.

Breakfast:
1 bowl of cheerios
1 glass of 2% milk with chocolate syrup
2 fried eggs on an onion bagel (and I have work...gross!)





endpost.

No comments: