Thursday, June 11, 2009

This summer is the oddest and most emotional summer I have experienced since I went through puberty. Ha! I do admit that even at the worst of times, I do not regret any decisions I have made or the exhaustion that comes from being emotional constantly.
I heard it in some song that Niki showed me that riding emotions like this doesn't always feel great, but it means you are living.
Something like that. Whatever it is, it's true.

So I've started working! Today is my 4th day. For those of you who are residential and reading this : come by Cafe Verde on South Main Street for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Probably not dinner if you're under the age of 25 and not on a date though.

Anyway, I love my job. I'm a waitress-in-training but I've learned a lot and retained the information every day.
So far, I haven't earned any less than $10/hour, which is nice considering the diminished state of my bank account....not that it's appropriate to write about how much I make, but no one reads this anyway.
The restaurant is mostly locals, so at times they are more forgiving than usual. For now, I'm just a bit awkward because I feel like I am performing but don't know my lines.
Maybe when I learn the specials?


Up too early, work at 11, excited for the dinner party Saturday:)



endpost.

No comments: