Thursday, June 25, 2009

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Listed below are lyrics by ABBA,"S.O.S," a song that is appropriate to my mood. They may be "camp," but sometimes they just tell it how it is. !
Break ups SUCK. Break ups from the guy you were supposed to marry once upon a 5 year young love is even worse.
Symptoms:
-Not being able to listen to songs that concern one person leaving another behind (since the person leaving is me. I don't need the added guilt).
-Today at play practice someone told me I looked "sad." Albeit, he was an annoying 12-year old, but it made me need to run out of the theater and catch my breath. Anxiety attacks. Bad sign.

So!The lyrics to this song were one catalyst that made me realize my relationship was no longer right for me. One day I found myself singing them passionately in the car, and had to stop and ask myself, "why?". (I've decided to be candid about this breakup process here. Because a)why not? b) maybe someone will respond).

Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find
I tried to reach for you, but you have closed your mind
Whatever happened to our love?
I wish I understood
It used to be so nice, it used to be so good

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me
S. O. S.
The love you gave me, nothing else can save me
S. O. S.
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
When you're gone
Though I try how can I carry on?

You seem so far away though you are standing near
You made me feel alive, but something died I fear
I really tried to make it out
I wish I understood
What happened to our love, it used to be so good

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me
S. O. S.
The love you gave me, nothing else can save me
S. O. S.
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
When you're gone
Though I try how can I carry on?

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me
S. O. S.
And the love you gave me, nothing else can save me
S. O. S.
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
When you're gone
Though I try how can I carry on?
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
When you're gone
Though I try how can I carry on?



Anyway. I feel like I'm suffocating without my other half, but such is life. (?)



endpost.

No comments: