Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Sympathy Card

Nothing offends me more than girls who try to "reach out" to me by feeling sorry for me. Not empathizing with me, feeling sorry for me.
I would like women who feel the need to feel bad for the single girls exactly what is so wrong about being single? Probably just the lies that society has fed to us about being destined to nurture a husband and kids.
I've already strayed from that path since, at least for now, I have no desire for children. That means I do not need to have a husband hooked at this very moment. At 21-years old.
We all think we are very wise and adult, and maybe we are. But in years we are still of the youth generation, and that's a good thing. It means we have more time to learn, and make mistakes, and get caught up in our own lives before we are expected to get caught up in our jobs or (for those of us who want it) our families.

The point is, I don't feel sorry for myself so I do not need girls who are in relationships to make me feel badly about absolutely nothing. No one is above (or below) me. This is America, being single at 21 with no prospects of a relationship anytime soon does not make me a spinster or an old maid destined for a life of loneliness.

I would rather be alone than be in a relationship that has become broken. Period.







endpost.

2 comments:

Tina Bock said...

ok i feel like we have a lot in common?? <3 if you ever need to chat about a recent break up im all ears gurll

DramaPrincess32 said...

Ps. Steph I absolutely love you!