Sunday, October 26, 2008

Into the Minds of 7-11 Employees

What makes that special breed of mostly NJ citizens tick...those strange specimens who work the nightshift at the local 7-11s?

Seriously now. I have had a countless number of strange encounters with these people, to the point where I would not dare enter a 7-11 alone ever...even during daylight hours. I should start chronicling these in a blog entitled SketchSteph7-11s...we'll see about it.

So anyway:

Tonight's incident concerned a worker who felt it wasn't rude in any way to interrupt a private conversation I was having with a friend (about his 20-year old friend who is dating a child of only 16 years...yes, still in diapers). Whatever. The guy was like 60 and pretty much a freak because he kept running around saying "Oh, well I'm 14, I'm not 16 I'm 14." Ummm...what!? The pretty girl buying 1% milk probably thought there was something wrong with me. Needless to say: she was not amused. Whatever.
And it couldn't end there. Of course. He went on to tell the friend I was with, who has blessed this earth for just over 21 years now, that the friend was actually only 12. Which is just so absurd and like, borderline creepy? Because. Because.
I JUST DIDN'T GET THE JOKE OKAY.

So how interesting are these 7-11 employees (and by interesting I pretty much mean very creepy)? So so interesting.

I think I'll start going late at night more so I can have more stories which will easily best the story I just told. It was a lot more sensational when living it.



endpost.

No comments: