Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Some News

First. My spelling mistakes continue. Part of my brain must be rotting, how unfortunate.

Second. I GOT THE EMAIL TODAY INFORMING ME OF MY ACCEPTANCE INTO THE DOULA PROJECT!!!! OH my GOD I cannot even believe it!!!!! So so so so elated. I am one of only 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN THIS EVEN BE POSSIBLE!??!?!
This. Literally. My dream coming to fruition. So unreal.

Of course, any major life anything gives further thought and confusion to the move to CT. I am slowly coming to the awful realization that I am going to need to wise up, swallow my pride, and talk to mom and dad about EVERYTHING. I need to know how willing they will be to support any of this (all of this??). It's scary, because their support is a really big deal. I want to be able to move out and pursue my dreams and have my chance at independence NOW with complete security in the knowledge that they will be there to back me up if something goes bad. Or if I run out of money or need to come home, I need to know they will still be there. This is all so terrifying and exciting.

2 comments:

the old FMS said...

I somehow feel congratulations is more valid posted here than on facebook.

Congratulations! Makin' big moves, makin' big moves

sketchsteph said...

I can stand by that sentiment. MANY thanks