Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Invisible Children: The Rough Cut

My Invisible Children DVD came in today and I just finished watching it for the first time out of (hopefully) many times with many different audiences.
Reading about something terrible and seeing something terrible are incredibly different. I was touched when I first began to learn about the Invisible Children of Uganda, but the experience of seeing is what will really make people take action.

I really hope that my plans for Invisible Children at Ramapo are successful. This movement is so new and so unheard of that I know with a lot of time and dedication any one of us can actually make a difference. Which today, is incredible. Albeit horrible because the situation in Africa is disgustingly ignored.

I'm going to start by simply showing the video to as many people as are willing to watch it. I'll go to rooms or invite people to mine, because the word has to be spread regardless of how it is done.

endpost.

No comments: