Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Invisible Children

So, last night my friend Faith who is an activist on her campus introduced me to Invisible Children. After learning what it was, it totally blew my mind that none of my friends knew what it was, and it was never something I had seen on the news or read in the papers.
It's definitely one of the most internationally ignored crises of our time.

Anyway, I've decided to start an Invisible Children United (ICU) Club. The three guys who started Invisible Children created it in such a way that students, like myself, would be able to get involved. It's so easy, because all it takes is for little things to happen here and make a great impact over there.
I have to start by spreading the word and finding supporters for my group. I want to get it off its feet as soon as possible so that the group can have its first official meeting Spring 2009.
I am beyond excited for this. I'm always looking for a chance to make a true difference and now I actually can.



endpost.

2 comments:

Druncs said...

I know, about those invisible kids. Also, i started to update again!

Druncs said...

I just saw this horrendously sad commercial for Plan USA (which isn't the same as Invisible Children, but probably equally sad).