Monday, October 25, 2010

So we started the house hunt today. We only looked at two but I came home feeling drained and a little anxious.
The first house, on Sioux Street, would have been so perfect but it was South Side Bethlehem and I don't even want to get involved with that. The cemetary, the driveway, ughhhh I will forever want to live in you but it probably just isn't meant to be. It was $1200 + utilities, probably the highest any of us would be willing to spend.

The second house was on Linden Street. Price was perfect: $950 + utilities. Weird thing that realtor didn't notice until Niki and I did???: There was ONE closet between three bedrooms (which, also weird: were connected...).

Anyway, we drove by the house on Atlantic and it was just NO. The closer we got to it the less interested we became. We called the realtor and cancelled the appointment. It felt to risky to even leave our car on the street for the 10 minutes it would have taken to find the house.

Soooo who knows what is next. Who knows who's in and who's out, and who knows when or where any of us will end up? It's stressful, but I'm glad we started now because it's going to take a long time to find something perfect.

Next up for Josh and me is to check out a $900 property in Bath. It's 2440sq feet, but I'm worried it may be a mostly white area that isn't too tolerant of anyone who is not white. From what I've researched quickly, I'm not warming up to it so far...but I'm definitely excited to see this property and find out for myself if the environment feels unsafe.

Weee shall see shall seeeee ee eeeee.

No comments: